Sunday, June 6, 2010

Candy Cake? Yes Please!

Anything with candy makes me weak in the knees (if you haven't noticed already). Anything that puts a spin on a classic element sparks my interest. So when I came across Philadelphia Magazine's  article on candy cakes, well let's just say  I was smitten.


The Sweet Boutique sparked up a boring white fondant cake by draping it with rock candy pops.





    
  
Who said pound cake had to be boring? Lochel's Bakery brightened it up by covering it candy dots



This saltwater taffy cake, courtesy of Ocean Studios, is perfect a beach wedding.




 

 Confectionary Arts really takes the cake (no pun intended) They combined key lime curd & chocolate ganache with buttercream, then outlines the whole thing with gumballs!


I'm pretty sure Willy Wonka would be super proud of all these baker's with their extraordinary, candilicous cakes.Which ones your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment